Cape Codder Resort & Spa's COVID-19 Safety Procedures
For Your Health and Safety
- All public contact points are sanitized multiple times a day.
- The staff is provided with all necessary supplies to follow the cleaning protocols.
- An iWave air purifying filtration system is implemented in dining rooms, function rooms, and public areas.
- All rooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- The staff wears personal protective equipment while cleaning the rooms.
- The number of guests is limited to prevent overcrowding.
- The iWave air purifying filtration system is implemented in restaurants and bars.
- The tables are arranged to maintain social distancing.
- All staff members wear masks.
Pool and Water Park
The CDC states: "There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19." We take every precaution to keep our water park and pools clean. All chlorine levels of our indoor and outdoor pools are tested every minute by our computerized automatic feed system and tested manually every hour by a supervisor.
Our UV light (high-intensity ultraviolet light) technology ensures that our pool water is treated for all common organisms present in pool systems and destroys over 60 waterborne pathogens, including algae, bacteria and is proven effective in killing all viruses. Ultraviolet is considered the best technology for swimming pool disinfection.
Our state-of-the-art air filtration system continuously introduces a large amount of fresh air to circulate throughout our water park. We have greatly increased the amount of fresh air circulated since the beginning of the pandemic. Our retractable roof provides the entry of additional fresh air.